Did you know that motivation and reading engagement are strongly associated with higher levels of achievement – both in and out of the classroom? Unfortunately, the motivation to engage in reading begins to decline in the first grade! To mitigate this challenge, research and Hong Kong’s Education Bureau recommends reading across the curriculum (RaC).
Please join us for a 60-minute webinar as we explore how reading across the curriculum builds student motivation and reading engagement while creating connections between concepts and ideas in various key learning areas. Leave this webinar with ready to use ideas that leverage Raz-Plus and Vocabulary A-Z so that you and your students are on a pathway to a successful RaC implementation.
In this session, participants will…
- Learn how reading across the curriculum supports reading motivation and engagement
- Discover how to implement reading across the curriculum in any classroom
- Explore ready to use resources designed to support key learning areas
Speaker: Ms. Jennifer Nigh (Director, International Academics and Curriculum, Learning A-Z)
All Registered Attendees can get:
- A certificate of completion (PDF) of this professional development webinar from Learning A-Z
- Two months license of one of Learning A-Z products