Establishing a culture of reading unlocks a world of potential and possibilities for all students and is thus a top priority for Hong Kong schools. To cultivate and promote a culture of reading, Hong Kong’s Education Bureau suggests schools leverage a plan-implement-evaluate framework as they build a school of reading for the differentiated needs of all students.
Please join Learning A-Z for a 60-minute live webinar that explores how Raz-Plus can be used within this framework to cultivate a shared mission of reading in English. Leave this session with ready-to-implement resources for using Raz-Plus for holistic planning, creating a print-rich environment that enhances the teaching and learning of reading skills while promoting Reading Across Curriculum, and evaluating student progress.
In this session, participants will…
- Learn about Hong Kong’s initiative for promoting reading in schools
- Explore how Raz-Plus can be leveraged within Hong Kong’s “plan-implement-evaluate” framework to support building a reading school
- Create an action plan to get started with creating a culture of reading in English
Speaker: Ms. Jennifer Nigh (Director, International Academics and Curriculum, Learning A-Z)
All Registered Attendees can get:
- Two months license of one of Learning A-Z products
- A certificate of completion (PDF) of this professional development webinar from Learning A-Z